According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 1.1 million people in the United States were arrested for a DUI, but 4.2 million people admit to driving drunk at least once in the past month – which amounts to 121 million total instances of drunk driving every year.
The study, relased by ProjectKnow, broke down what drunk driving looks like in a major U.S. city, such as Seattle – specifically, which six intersections experienced the highest volume of DUI arrests in 2015. Aurora Avenue North has a history of being an area with increasing crime rates, and DUI arrests are no difference. It was rated as the top intersection in Seattle for DUI arrests.
City of Seattle ranked the following intersections in regards to DUI arrests in 2015:
- Aurora Avenue North & North 85th Street: 32 DUI arrests
- 15th Avenue Northwest & Northwest 85th Street: 16 DUI arrests
- Lake City Way Northeast & Northeast 145th Street: 16 DUI arrests
- Broadway & East Pike Street: 13 DUI arrests
- 15th Avenue Northwest & Northwest 65th Street: 11 DUI arrests
- 15th Avenue Northwest & Northwest Market Street: 11 DUI arrests
Arrested for a DUI? Law Office of Mark W. Garka, PLLC Can Help
Whether it's a first or subsequent DUI offense, these types of charges can result in license suspension, possible jail time, and heavy fines. In a time characterized by stress and uncertainty, you may be feeling as though your case has no hope. It's important to remember, however, that an arrest is not a conviction – there's still time to begin building a defense that can work to safeguard your future.
Our Snohomish County DUI attorney is available 24/7 to address your questions and concerns. Call (888) 252-1961 or contact our law office online to request an initial case evaluation.