LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF LICENSE HEARINGS IN WASHINGTON
Individuals often make the mistake of either not attending the Department of Licensing (DOL) hearing, or not hiring a lawyer to represent them. Don't make this mistake. As a firm that focuses exclusively on DUI cases, the Law Office of Mark W. Garka, PLLC has the experience necessary to help you effectively navigate through your DUI charges. My priority as your Snohomish County DUI lawyer is to make sure you thoroughly understand your charges and your options as we proceed forward with your case.
At your DOL hearing, factors that may be taken into account include:
- The legality of your arrest
- Whether you submitted to a field sobriety test
- Whether you were informed of your rights
- Whether you were operating a vehicle while under the influence
My case consultations are free, don't hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss your case. Call us at (888) 252-1961 today.
Protecting Your Driver's License in the Bothell, WA Area
As part of your case, you should request a Department of Licensing hearing in order to avoid an automatic suspension of your driver's license. This hearing determines whether your license will be suspended or revoked as a result of your DUI arrest. At your DOL hearing, you must present a compelling case in front of the court that aims to prove the validity of your charges.
What can you do to protect your driver's license?
- Hire an experienced lawyer to help you prepare for the hearing so you know exactly what to expect.
- Request a DOL hearing and the arresting officer's presence.
- Retest any samples to make sure they are accurate.
- Scrutinize the validity of your stop and the claims that were used to justify your stop.
- Review the timeline of events and whether strict procedure was followed.
- Make sure that your samples are actually yours - check the labels.
- Attend your hearing and listen carefully to any discrepancies.
I have handled hundreds of DUI cases in my more than 15 years of experience. My seasoned knowledge and experience can make a difference in the outcome of your hearing.
Are you prepared for your DOL hearing? Call me today.
DOL hearings must be requested and attended within a certain time frame following your arrest. Failure to do so can result in serious consequences, including the loss of your driving privileges. Contact my office today for a consultation regarding your case and hearing. I can help you file and thoroughly prepare for your hearing. I'll be there with you from start to finish.
I am actively involved in numerous DUI defense activities, including as a member in the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, as an instructor in field sobriety testing, and as student in numerous DUI defense seminars across the nation. I also educate other attorneys about DUI defense.