As a skilled DUI lawyer in Washington, I, Mark W. Garka, have created this page to help my clients who are facing DUI charges. I know how difficult it can be to suddenly find yourself on the wrong side of the law. My goal is to make this experience less overwhelming. I hope you find this useful.
Not sure about your rights and options? Learn more below.
- What happens if I refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test? - If you refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test, you could be penalized with 1-year driver's license suspension. If you were arrested for DUI or you refused to take a field sobriety test, you need to call my firm immediately at (888) 252-1961.
- How long do DUI convictions stay on your record? - In the state of Washington State, a DUI conviction can remain on your record for 7 years. DUI convictions can also affect any subsequent DUI charges. This is why it is so important that you do everything possible to challenge the charges being made against you from the beginning.
- I was administered a field sobriety test. Isn't my case hopeless? - It may seem so, but field sobriety test results aren't entirely foolproof. If a breathalyzer isn't properly calibrated, it can give incorrect BAC readings, for example. In the past, I have successful challenged incriminating evidence for countless clients. I am ready and willing to do the same for you.
- Why do I need a lawyer when I can represent myself? - I highly discourage you from attempting to defend yourself. The judicial system can be complex and difficult to navigate. Also, prosecutors do not have a reputation for being lenient. Hiring a lawyer to represent you increases the chances that you will be successful.
- Why should I hire your firm to handle my DUI case? - I have handled hundreds of cases during my more than 15 years of experience. I probably have dealt with a similar case before. I am highly respected amongst my peers and have a solid track record. My countless satisfied clients, in addition to my perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating, speak volumes about the top-notch services I provide. As a former prosecutor, I have the extensive legal insight and prowess required to defend you, inside and outside of court.
More questions? Call me at 425-422-5818 today.
I would be happy to provide you with answers during a free in-office consultation. The Law Office of Mark W. Garka, PLLC will remain at your side, from start to finish.