Our DUI Lawyer in Everett, WA Can Protect Your Rights
Are you a college student facing charges for driving under the influence? College students are still one of the most prominent demographics involved in DUI charges all over the country. Partying and drinking still remain staple activities in university culture and, when operating a motor vehicle is thrown into the mix, countless students end up risking their studies, their driving privileges, and even a criminal record. Young people deserve to have an advocate in their corner and ensure that one simple lapse in judgement does not turn into a lasting disruption of their lives.
While my firm, the Law Office of Mark W. Garka, PLLC, is located in Mill Creek, I am well-acquainted with the challenges Central Washington University students—and college students all over the state—as they face drunk driving accusations. As a former prosecutor with 20 years of DUI defense experience, I have an uncommon understanding of the state's approach to DUI law and procedure and have countless times helped deserving clients avoid maximum penalties. I am ready to provide the same level of defense and advocacy to students and their families who want their rights protected and voices heard before the law.
Assess your options with a Snohomish County DUI lawyer. Call my firm today at (888) 252-1961 for a FREE consultation.
Criminal Charges & College Students
As young people first experiencing independence, college students tend to be exposed to a number of different circumstances that could lead to a criminal charge. While many of these charges are considered minor, they have the potential to greatly disrupt the life of a young person trying to navigate their way through their college education.
Charges common to college students include:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Marijuana/ Drug DUI
- Minor in possession of alcohol (MIP)
- Possession of marijuana (POM)
Accommodating Students During This Process
I have been protecting clients from DUI penalties for 20 years—and before that, I was a state prosecutor. I know what DUI penalties mean for the accused and understand how vulnerable students, in particular, are throughout this process. Because of this, I can accommodate the challenges specific to students and their families following a DUI charge.
Student clients who come to my firm can depend on:
- Free, initial consultations over the phone
- An understanding of student responsibilities - When possible, I can waive my client's presence at arraignments (ARR), so clients can continue to focus on their studies and not needlessly travel to court.
- A sensitivity of a student's circumstances - Often, college students are separated from their families and in need of a regrouping with their parents to fight these charges. When it is preferred, I work to organize and lead this team effort, listen to all concerns and needs, and keep all parties informed.
* We Are Now Practicing in the Kittitas County District Court Including Cle Elum and Ellensburg