Common Questions - DUI
Answers from a Skilled Washington DUI Defense Lawyer
Driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious offense. Each year, there are more than a million arrests
nationwide for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. Our
Snohomish County DUI attorneys have noticed an increase in charges filed
– often as a result of the influence of groups like MADD (Mothers
Against Drunk Drivers) and a general public outcry.
If you find yourself in the center of one of these drunk driving crackdowns,
you need assistance of experienced legal counsel. An experienced Snohomish
County DUI lawyer will understand the seriousness of this charge, and
becomes an advocate for you in an attempt to defend your best interests.
At the Law Office of Mark W. Garka, PLLC, we are focused on finding a defense
that provides the least restriction to your interests and work. To help
you understand your situation, the charges, the consequences, and your
defense options, we have provided a helpful Questions & Answers section.
Visit the pages below to get the answers you need!
- Have there been any changes to Washington DUI laws?
- What are the penalties for DUI?
- What are the laws for a first-time DUI?
- What do I need to know about a first-time DUI?
- What are the penalties for two or more DUIs?
- How will a DUI affect my commercial driver’s license (CDL)?
- What should I do if I’m arrested for a DUI while out of state?
- How much will a DUI cost me?
- Can I get a DUI for taking OTC medications?
- What is a physical control charge?
- What are common myths and misconceptions about DUI laws?
- What do I need to know about DUI arrests?
- What are my rights during a DUI stop?
- What should I do when I’m stopped for DUI?
- What protocol do the police have to follow during a DUI stop?
- What if the officer did not read my Miranda rights?
- What do I need to know after being arrested for DUI?
- What will happen after a DUI arrest?
- Will I be stranded if I’m arrested for DUI?
- Can I refuse to submit to a chemical test?
- What consequences will I face if I refuse a chemical test?
- How do I challenge the results of my chemical test?
- How do I challenge the validity of my field sobriety test results?
- What is the timeline for a DUI case?
- Will I only have to appear in criminal court for my case?
- Will I have to go to trial for my DUI?
- Should I take a plea bargain or take my case to trial?
- How do I clean up the effects of my DUI?
- What is a marijuana DUI?
- What are the laws for marijuana DUI in Washington?
- How can I avoid a marijuana DUI?
- How do police test for marijuana during DUI stops?
- How is a marijuana DUI different from an alcohol DUI?
- Will I lose my license if I get a DUI?
- What happens to my license after a DUI?
- Can I drive after a DUI?
- Can I fight to keep my license after a DUI?
- Do I need to hire a DUI attorney?
- How do I choose the right attorney?
- What questions should I ask when interviewing DUI attorneys?
- What are the benefits of hiring a DUI lawyer?
- Should I hire a lawyer who only handles DUI cases?
- Do I need a private investigator?
- Should my lawyer visit the scene of my arrest?
- Why should I hire Attorney Mark W. Garka?