Washington DUI DWI Defense - WA DUI/DWI Lawyer Seattle, Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Everett
Client Testimonials Attorney Information FAQS Blog Contact Us Home
Free In-Office Consultation - We Can Help You Today...Click Here! View Our Informational Video - Learn About Us Today...Click Here! Case Studies - Recent Client's Cases With Positive Results...Click Here!
Contact Me Now
Client Resource Center
Current Client Page
Arrested For DUI
Did The Police Make These Mistakes When Stopping You?
How To Handle A DUI Stop
Arrest FAQS
Hiring A DUI/DWI Attorney
Attorney Information
Specific Attorney FAQS
Attorney Fees
Seattle, WA Lawyer Warns Against Not Getting The Best Defense For Your DUI Case
Attorney FAQS
DUI/DWI Drunk Driving Lawyer
Washington DUI State Courthouses In Which I Practice
Staff Bios
Map And Directions To My Mill Creek, WA Office
Licensing Issues
Best Ways To Save Your WA Driver’s License
Washington State Occupational Restricted Driver’s License
International License
Department Of Licensing FAQS
Licensing Issue FAQS
Department Of Licensing Locations
The Court Process
Everything You Need To Know About The DUI Legal Process
DUI Penalties – Maximum Penalty Under Washington State DUI Laws
WA DUI/Drugs Information
Tactics For Your WA DUI Charge
WA DUI Plea Options And Penalties
Experts Warn Against Making Common Mistakes
Arraignment FAQS
Court Appearances FAQS
Trial FAQS
DUI Conviction FAQS
Getting Back To Normal
What Are Typical Conditions Of Probation In WA State For A DUI
License Evaluation
DUI Frequently Asked Questions
Court Appearances
Department Of Licensing
License Issues
DUI Conviction
Specific Attorney
Calculate Your BAC
Helpful DUI Links
Washington State DUI NEWS
Legal Resources
Immigration Issues And Risks After A DUI/DWI In WA State
DUI Articles
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.

NCDD National College for DUI Defense: Mark W. Garka

NCDD National College for DUI Defense: Mark W. Garka

NCDD National College for DUI Defense: Mark W. Garka

WA DUI DWI Defense offered in: Seattle, Lynnwood, Everett, Mill Creek, Puget Sound, King County, Snohomish County

If my Washington State Driver's License is Suspended after Reckless Driving, are there license options available?

Yes, the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) makes a limited use available to many people. It is called a Occupational / Restricted Drivers License, or ORL.  In other states they are known as a hardship license, limited-use license, work license, or Cinderella license.  The following information is from the DOL web page.

Q: My Driver's License was Suspended Because Of My DUI . Can I get a License to Go To Work or School?

A: In Washington, you can apply for an Occupational/Restricted Drivers License (ORL). An ORL can be used to drive for the following reasons:

  • Employment
  • Undergoing continuing healthcare or providing continuing care to another person who is dependent on you
  • Enrolled in an educational institution and pursuing a course of study leading to a diploma, degree or other certification
  • Court-ordered community service
  • Work First, apprenticeship, or on-the-job training
  • Attending substance abuse treatment, or 12-step meetings (unless transit service is available)

Q: Are There Circumstances When I Cannot Get An ORL?

A: You are NOT eligible for an ORL for any of the following reasons:

  • You did not have a valid driver license on the date of conviction, or prior to the effective date of the first of any suspensions/revocations you are requesting the ORL for;
  • You were convicted of vehicular homicide or vehicular assault within seven (7) years immediately before the incident you are requesting the ORL for;
  • Your license was suspended/revoked for:
    • Habitual traffic offender (HTO)
    • Minor in possession (MIP)
    • Failure to pay child support
    • Vehicular assault or vehicular homicide
    • Intermediate License restriction violations or too many Rules of the Road violations while holding an Intermediate License.
    • Fraud
    • Driver license not surrendered when required
    • Violation of court probation
    • Violation of ORL restrictions
    • Canceled SR-22 Insurance
    • Failure to qualify on a medical or visual examination
    • Failure to qualify on a driver skills examination
    • Failure to undergo required alcohol/chemical dependency treatment

Q: Can I Use An ORL For My Commercial Driver's License?

A: No, an ORL cannot be used to operate a commercial motor vehicle. If you have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL), an ORL may only be issued if you will be operating a non-commercial motor vehicle.

These are very general questions and answers about ORLs. Please don't hesitate to call me at (425) 422-5818 to talk about your case. Whether you want to settle the case or fight it in court, I'll lay out all your options step by step. And remember, my initial phone consultation is absolutely free, with no obligation.

Mark W. Garka, Washington State DUI Attorney

How Can Mark W. Garka Help You?

Mark is quite simply an expert in the field of DUI defense. He is not only intimately familiar with the case law and recent developments, but is also very well connected within the field. Every time we appeared in court, Mark was catching up with acquaintances, maintaining his relationships and bettering my case in the process. Mark is thoughtful, cautious, and down to earth. He was careful not to overpromise, but in the end he overdelivered!

Posted by a DUI client

Click Here to Read More!

MasterCard Visa Discover American Express

Free Case Consultation | View Our Informational Video | Case Studies
Client Testimonials | Attorney Information | FAQs | Blog | Contact Us | Home | Site Map

Copyright © Mark W. Garka, PLLC
Site Designed by Ecombuffet LLC

Click here for free consultation