Save Your Drivers License

Request a Consultation

How Can We Help?

Quick Contact Form

Send My Info

Get a Free DUI Consultation

I am available 24/7. Act now.

Fight to Save Your Driver's License!

Advice from a DUI Defense Lawyer in Snohomish County, WA

There may be ways your attorney can help save your driver's license and right to drive. But don't risk driving on a suspended license, the risks are too great! If you drive after losing your license, you may be charged with a Gross Misdemeanor crime punishable by up to a year in jail, a $5,000 fine, and a suspension of your license for a year.

Also beware that an INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE is not a valid alternative if your Washington State License has been suspended! If you are here on a visa, you could be deported, if you drive without a license.

What can I do to Save my Washington State Driver's License?

  1. First and foremost, hire an experienced attorney. There are many factors to consider. I can help you with all the steps below, and point out other challenges that may be specific to your situation.
  2. Request a hearing from the DOL, and request the officer's presence. It will give you a preview of a trial, a rarity in criminal cases. The officer who signed the affidavit and notice of hearing must show up and justify the revocation. Other officers may be subpoenaed.
  3. Retest the sample. Testing errors may save your license.
  4. Investigate the adequacy of the stop. The officer must have had a reasonable suspicion that a crime or traffic infraction was being committed.
  5. Investigate the adequacy of the arrest and request for a test. The officer must have developed a reasonable belief that you were impaired by alcohol.
  6. Check the times of events. Officers must perform the tests within certain guidelines and follow the Washington Administrative Code when performing a test.
  7. Check the labeling of the sample. It must be identified as being yours.
  8. Attend the motor vehicle hearing. Listen for fabrications and other errors.

See my driver's license FAQpage for more information!

Serving The State of Washington